guardianship lawyer ontario

If no power of attorney exists for a person, or the person's age means s/he is too young to create a power of attorney or otherwise act legally, then guardianship may be the best route so that a third-party is appointed to oversee and act in the best interests of the minor or otherwise incapable person for managing property and making other important decisions.

A Superior Court of Justice can establish guardianship upon an application being made with proper supporting particulars and evidence. The court may or may not choose to order a hearing. 

Because of the technical nature of a guardianship application, it;s advisable to use a lawyer to conduct it.